Wednesday, September 1, 2010

The Divine Pen

Well, here I go.  I am writing a blog.  What does that even mean?  There are blogs everywhere you look these days on any subject you could possibly imagine.  My inspiration for this blog is God.  Simply stated.  For the first time in my life I am actually trying to hear God, instead of just pretending to.  Imagine that.  It is a new concept for me, so although scary it is also exhilarating!  I have been trying to plan my life and write my "story" for as long as I can remember.  Aren't I the author of my destiny?  Don't I determine my steps and direction?  For years I have been telling myself that I want God's will for my life, and I want to follow God's plan for me, but I have really never believed that until recently.  I said one thing and did another.  As a result, as I reach my mid 30's, I am just now realizing my identity is not determined through the world's eyes, but through God's eyes.  What a difference!  It's like my eyes have been adjusted, the clarity is perfect!

So, as I start finally listening for God, I will write.  I am often times not even sure how to hear Him, but at least I am finally listening.  I have learned the hard way that there is no scarier place to be that outside of the will of God, and I never want to be there again!  I choose to hand God my pen, so that I can allow Him to write my life into His plan.  So, God, here's my pen.  I choose You.  I say yes to Your plan and to my destiny as a woman of God.  Thank you, God, for being my Divine Author.

5 comments:

  1. Awesome blog Andrea! Can't wait to read more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Andrea, beautifully stated. AND encouraging! Thank you for stepping out and revealing your heart to us. I look forward to what God will do with YOUR open heart and YOUR desire to hear HIM and HIS plan for your life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it and Love YOU! Can't wait to watch how the Father will continue to write your story!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Remember how when you were little I always told you, you were pretty on the inside?
    Can I just say that pretty doesn't cut it anymore...you are beautiful on the inside my sweet daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Eloquently put and sincerely written. Thank you. Continue writing for the Greatest Writer - God!

    "Many are the plans in a person’s heart, but it is the Lord’s purpose that prevails." -Proverbs 19:21

    ReplyDelete